Deputy Shop Manager (Macclesfield) (TRD1222)
Nationwide Part Time Opportunities at either 12 or 18 hours per week.
£5,273 (12 hr) or £ 7,909.50 (18hr)
London Weighting or Hot Spot Allowance where applicable
Please bring to the interview your Proof of Right to Work in the UK, such as your passport, or Birth Certificate with the names of at least one of your parents on, together with a document with your NI number on it.
We are a retailer with a real difference; can you help us grow our sales and end extreme poverty for good?
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and customer service skills and a real ability to engage with people.
If that sounds like you, why not join us as a Deputy Shop Manager within a network of high street shops that’s bigger and more innovative than many retailers. We have several roles in many UK locations.
At Oxfam we WON’T live with Poverty. Because that’s where every penny of our profit goes. In this role, you will be helping to turn everything we sell in our shops into vital funds for years to come. To achieve that, you’ll work with the Shop Manager to support all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the business and grow sales, focusing on Gift Aid, online sales, growing volunteer numbers, and increasing trading hours. A number of these new roles will require weekend working.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Working as a Management Team (with the Shop and Area Manager) to meet the shop and area plans and targets.
- Confident to lead a team, ideally with some management experience
- Friendly and approachable, with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage time in order to deal with conflicting priorities
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to share that enthusiasm with others
- IT literate, with basic numeracy skills, using email systems and online resources; basic spreadsheets and word processing packages. Understanding of social networking and on-line sales
How can you apply?
This is an opportunity for an exceptional, dedicated and highly motivated person, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job description and apply online by clicking the below button.
For more information please download our Role Profile and Candidate Pack attached below.
To find out more about this role and to apply, visit www.jobs.oxfam.org.uk/ and quote the TRD reference number.
Closing date: 07 May 2017 Interviews will commence: TBC
Please view our Shop Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeOLPA-M-zE
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization