FREE EVENT FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE – MONDAY 6th AUGUST ! PLEASE SEND TO ALL YOUR NETWORKS – forward this email to all partners – parents and carers !
On Monday 6th August 2018 we are hosting a Children and Young People’s Summer Activity DAY for children and young people aged 0-19 (up to 25 if SEND or Care Leaver).
The day will feature a range of activities including rock painting, smoothie bikes, arts and crafts delivered by the Children and Young People’s Trust Board and Youth Support Service – the Children’s Centre Mobile Bus will be coming along for the day too so the event truly caters for children and young people of all ages.
The theme of the day is “Having a Voice”, with the aim of children and young people to evaluating, reviewing and providing new ideas ready for the relaunch of the Children and Young People’s Plan in early 2019.
Please can you speak to all children and young people you work with to promote this event and look at ways if needed of transporting them to the event. This is an event for all services within Children’s Services and there is an expectation all teams will have children and young people represented at the event. Please can this be discussed at team briefs, to ensure children and young people attend. The event is free and lunch is provided.
They will need to fill in the attached booking form by doing the following:
- Open “Summer Conference Flyer 2018 Professional Invite” in Adobe Reader.
- Click “comment” in the top right hand corner.
- Under the heading “annotations”, click the “T” icon to add text comment – you can now click and then type on the sections that you need to fill in e.g. Child and Young Person Name.
- If you need to cross out any options that don’t apply to you e.g. letting us know whether you’ll be coming all day/just in the morning then you can click on the “strike through” option in the same “annotations” section.
- Once you have completed the booking form then please select “Save As” and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can confirm the number of children and young people attending.
- If you are unable to fill it in electronically then you can print it out and fill it by hand, then scan and return back to us/email us and we can arrange collection.
OR just turn up on the day !
NB: If you are bringing along any children under the age of 12, they will need to be accompanied all day by an appropriate adult. Consent forms will be available to complete at the start of the event for any children and young people under the age of 18.
Participation Team | Youth Support Service | People Directorate | Cheshire East Council
Tel: 01625 384 320
Cheshire East Macclesfield Hub, 33 Great King Street, Macclesfield, SK11 6PN